Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Tweaking It




The Bird Man has given me some very pretty jewelry in the past.  As the years go by and we spend on the children and the house and cars, the pretties get few and far between.  I am not complaining one bit.  It is the natural ebb and flow of life, togetherness, giving, style.  I stopped wearing  some very pretty pendants he gave me when we were much younger and my body was much smaller because they
seemed to get lost on this current body of mine.  Over the summer, I decided to put a little "me" in them and make them a little bigger and a bit beady.

 I apologize for the photos (taken off my phone), but you will get the idea of what I have done to the pendants, despite some fuzziness.  I am having technical difficulties with photo editing on my computer.  I am not sure if the problem lies with my computer itself or the camera card.  The photos I crop are fine when I crop them but when I go to post them, they only show up as the top third of the photo, and are completely erased from my camera card.  I had a lot of really cool ".....was....." photos that are :poof: gone.  And a few jewelry ones too, but I can retake those.  Just when I get comfortable with the technology I have, it screws me.  C'est la vie!  There are more important things in life then photos.



Opal Pendant...the first post-marriage pendant The Bird Man gave me, back when we lived in a little carriage house and the living was simple.
I added super duos (after taking it apart a few times because the seed beads I added were just too much) and every single time I wear this strangers ask to get a closer look and ask to touch it.  Love this one!  Love it!
I did post this on FB this summer, so it might look familiar to a few of you.  It deserved a (fuzzy) blog post. 




Sapphire and White Sapphire pendant the Bird Man bought at the jewelry store probably a decade ago.  I added seed beads, super unos, and twisted bugles.
This took on may forms over the months.  It had tilas, superduos, teardrops, 3 sizes of seed beads.  I finally did this one last week and am thrilled.  Looks like a streetlamp to me :-)






10 comments:

Maryanne said...

I love what you did to your pendants! I can see why people want to get closer to the first one! It's beautiful! And, I love the colors of those super duos in the second one. They are perfect with that sapphire blue! And, now you can wear them again and be happy with them!

windrock studio said...

Very creative, indeed! That green in the top one is like, the perfect color!

Therese's Treasures said...

Great idea Christine, I love the out come with both pendants. The pendants are now uniquely yours.I also admire your carefree out look on things that you have no control over it leads to less stress. You can capture more "Was" photos, which by the way I really enjoy those posts.
Bead on my friend,
Therese

Honey from the Bee said...

Love that gorgeous red with the sapphires! I think this is such a great idea and have some "fine" jewelry I should try this with for sure, because I never wear it. I bet your Birdman is happy that you're wearing it again!

AntiquityTravelers said...

I love how you are giving new life to these treasures, and I can see why everyone wants to touch it! it is beautiful! and that second one - does look like a street lamp!! love that. Super cool!!

kimmykats said...

love that first one!

Liz said...

They both are uniquely yours and absolutely wonderful. Proof that something already beautiful can be given a whole new life with the addition of beads. I think it's harder to work with a pre-existing piece than starting from scratch. I have seen other do-overs and additions to already made pieces, but none seem so natural as yours. BRAVO!

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love what you did with the pendants Christine! They have new life now. I'm sure your husband appreciates you bringing them back out from the jewelry box to enjoy. :)

I hear you with the technical stuff! I'm very thankful that I live with Jim now since he is a computer wiz. I just yell at technology when it messes up which is completely unproductive.

Bobbie said...

What a great idea! My husband gripes that he can't buy me jewelry anymore since I started beading - I'll just have to update the beauties he gave me BC (Before Children)

Wendy said...

what a great idea! You did the pieces proud, great choice of colours