Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Rocks Off On Hump Day

It has been a while since I got my rocks off.

Photo issues are still not resolved, but I will carry on and offer my apologies for any crappy photos.

These are two Lake Michigan Rock pendants.  In person, they both have a really nice sparkle to them.  In photos, you cannot see that.  I haven't decided on a chain yet.
The beads are the same colors for both...a pewter/aqua-ish twin bead and a garnet luster size 15 seed bead.  




this rock is beige and has crevices and some good sparkle in its nooks and crannies
























this rock has a nice pink/red color to it and lots of sparkle





Drilled rocks coming soon (hopefully!)! 
Happy Hump Day!  

10 comments:

Maryanne said...

I love these rocks, Christine! The colors are great. Don't you love twin beads?!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

I find it amazing whenever I see art created from found objects - these are awesome! BTW: when I click on the photo to enlarge, I do see the sparklies! :)

Honey from the Bee said...

I really like the duos (is that what the two hole beads are?) on the bezel - really compliments the organic found rocks. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to hang them on. :-)

Amy S. said...

Love this post title!!! Love what you did with your rocks!! My son collects rocks, almost obsessively - I need to try my hand at enhancing them with some beads!!!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Nice to see you are dressing up rocks again, Christine!

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are fabulous! I love the look of the rough, natural rocks with the delicate shiny beading.

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are fabulous! I love the look of the rough, natural rocks with the delicate shiny beading.

AntiquityTravelers said...

You know how I love your rocks :) and you always do such amazing beading around them!! I like the pattern of easing the tension with the seed beads woven in with those duos. adds punctuation to the framing ... and brings in that Native American flare. LOVE

Liz said...

Yeay, hump day rocks are back!!! Perfect bezel, snug and stylin.

Therese's Treasures said...

Awesome Christine,
I love the bezel you made with the super duos on your beautiful Michigan stones. I have some pretty cool rocks coming in the mail that I will be making into cabochons. I can not wait to play with my rocks.
Therese