Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

She Made~She Made November

For this month's She Made~She Made, Therese chose some Marsha Neal components she gifted me.  I was stumped.  I kept trying to make them conservative.  But that wasn't working.  So~I went in the opposite direction.





I made beads with reclaimed sari ribbon from Darn Good Yarn by wrapping the scraps around copper wire (some huge ass gauge...it was the first wire I ever bought and didn't know there were different gauges.  This was several years ago...I am only slightly better now), then putting thinner gauge wire on the outside of the sari.  I joined these fiber beads with jump rings.  Anybody else thinking "Life is a Carnival" upon seeing this?  I guess this is a reflection of my scattered brain this time of year.  But at least it is in color!



Then I made this, but I think I am sending it to the chop.



I think the beadweaving will stay.  I found some great sari to go with it that has flecks of all the colors in it.  And I found a cloth button in my stash that matched too.  But it is leaving me kind of eh.


I know Therese had something in mind when she picked these out.  I cannot wait to see what She Made!




13 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Good morning Christine,
I first want to apologize, with the Thanksgiving holiday I totally forgot today was the 30th until my eyes flew open at 5:00 am and an colorful expression came out of my mouth, so I will be posting here in a few minutes.
I love your necklaces they are so colorful and cheery they could brighten up the grayest winter day. The second necklace the only thing I would change is the length of the sari silk strap in the back, other than that it is beautiful.
Therese

KJ said...

Now that is colorful and just perfect to brighten a late autumn day.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving; enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

Maryanne said...

Oh my gosh!!! I thought of a carnival the minute I saw your necklace!! It's gorgeous and I love the sari ribbon beads! I agree with Therese that the only thing the second necklace needs is some length. These are so cool.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Christine!

windrock studio said...

I love, LOVE, what you do with this sari ribbon! so much fun ... this must be what your creative mind looks like!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Love that carnival mind of yours :O it is fun, and creative and pushes me to create!! Flora wears this piece beautifully - it is so fun, and love how you've created sari silk beads!! love what you do with fiber my friend.

I really like the second necklace - the beadwork is gorgeous - had to click the close up so I could get a look at that!

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are so fun Christine! The ribbons are fabulous. I love thick gauge wire. They can create some seriously strong wire work! The second piece is really unique. You may start to love it if you give it a little time. :)

Honey from the Bee said...

I was thinkin' PARTY! as soon as I saw that gorgeous fun necklace. I'm imagining Mardi Gras? which is a carnival!

I do like the 2nd one - the beadwork is amazing. I agree to let it set for awhile and go back to it. Length might help balance the weight of it or you may change some connections in the front. Shows great advantage of doing this in components that you can play with.

I'm exhausted from the holiday and looking forward to a couple of days where I eat leftovers (lasagna in our case since the Thanksgiving was elsewhere) and do some creative work while watching a movie or two. ;-)

ACBeads said...

The first is a fun and original necklace. I would redo the 2nd but definitely would keep the gorgeous beadweaving. Have a great weekend. Ana

Sweet Freedom said...

I just love the bright colors and textures in the first necklace, and the dangles! Fun necklace!

Karin Slaton said...

That first necklace is a veritable Festival in Fringe! The sari silk beads are so clever and the perfect complement to Marsha's tiles.

CraftyHope said...

There is something kinda carnival-like in your first necklace. I like the texture you created with the fiber. Very cool!

Bobbie said...

Oh, honey, that's a party for your neck! I love the joy and warmth that pours out of it. Some things just won't let themselves be worked into something conservative and quiet -- they just need to get out there and dance like wild!

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm impressed! Those look really gorgeous! You are very creative to be able to come up with such one of a kind ideas and designs. I never thought reclaimed sari ribbons would actually look that nice. You really did a great job over there! Keep it up!

PacificJewelryDesigns.com