Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday's Thing*







Pass the Pigs.

This roll is worth 10 points.  But for me, it isn't about the winning (the first to get to 100), it is about the cuteness of the pigs and us cheering for them.  And the mindlessness of the game.  And how well they travel. When we hit the road, we bring the pigs, Yahtzee dice, and cards.
Funny, when we traveled in my Corolla, we packed it to the top.  When we traveled in my Explorer, we packed it to the top and beyond.  When we travel with my CRV, we pack it to the top.  When we travel with the BirdMan's truck, we fill the whole flatbed to the top of the cap.  And above the cap.  Whatever space we have, we fill.  I am sure if I got a Corolla again, we would pack it to the top, but we would be packing  less than if we took the truck.  Our ability to acclimate is what I like best about these people :-)

What mindless games do you play?
What games do you travel with?







*Appreciate what you have.  Want for less...unless it is beads or music.

8 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

The pigs are funny! I love how we can be entertained by such simple things! It sounds like your family likes to utilize space to the max. That is a riot!

Unknown said...

Love the pigs!

I find houses also acclimate to hold stuff. I'm not a collector (except of beads and books), but my roomamte is. Thank goodness the house is only 800 square feet. :) The garage, that's another story...

Honey from the Bee said...

I've never heard of the pigs! But I like your family's style. I'd be grabbing them to electroform or slice in half for a cabochon. : )

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Card games! There is a game we play, from my mother's side of the family calked Skit. Each person is alloted 3 nickles. 3 cards each. First one to get a score of 31 wins. The lowest hand owes a nickel for that round of play. There are more rules, too. love this game. My father ALWAYS won...it drove my Grandmother nuts!

Thaks for the memory! And...now I remember why I love to gamble...it was instilled in me as a child! Ha!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Oh I love the pigs! I used to have a pair ... but they've gone missing. I never did understand how to play? Perhaps I should have read the directions?

Gloria said...

Is this a regional thing? They're cute, never heard of it until you showed them.

The only sort of mindless game is, "I Spy" with my little eye a word beginning with... takes up no room to pack- lol.

Have a happy holiday. ♥

LisaS said...

We used to play on a magnetic checkerboard a lot. And then of course there's the license plate game where you come up with a word for each letter that makes up a funny sentance...

-The pigs are cute ;)

Karen Williams said...

It took me a few moments to figure out that the pigs were dice, too. 10 points? Huh? :)

My husband isn't much of a game player, so we don't travel with much in the way of games. Occassionally I'll bring a card game from Cheapass games (that's really the name of the company). They have a really fun card game called Falling, where you're all falling, and the last one to hit the ground wins. Different cards allow you to either make the others fall faster or slow yourself (rocket packs, passing geese, etc.)

As for expanding to fill one's available space - I can definitely relate to that! Especially with car trips or car camping. It's so easy to think, 'wouldn't it be great to' and 'we still have a little space' and the next thing you know the car's full. :)