Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

WhatTheWednesday?!?




When I have a question or a problem that I would appreciate some feedback on I am going to put in a "WhatThe" in the title...and maybe a photo of this guy here because I love him and he lightens my frustrations when I look at him. Anyone want to join in on the "What The?!?", be my guest and you can borrow the image too :-) I got him at the Etsy store PhenomeGnome. Check out the store. It might just put a smile on your face :-D




My dear Bug (also known as Bugalicious, ChuggaBugga, BuggaLuggaDingDong)gave me her first Kumihimo piece. I love what she made! She bought the kit 2 years ago and has been working on it ever since. She gave it to me 6 weeks ago as a gift...one that I have to finish. So my dilema, as you see, is that the end I need to make a loop on has very short strings. The end she finished with the button has all the strings I need...for the other end! Ain't that the way it always goes?!



Do you see any solutions to this? My brain is stuck.

4 comments:

Bobbie said...

How about sewing a hook onto the underside of the end with the short strands and using that to hook into the bracelet under or near the button? The button will hide the fact that it's not a "real" closure...

windrock studio said...

Nope, I can't be of any help this time but just had to say Wow!! how impressive!

Elysian Studios said...

My very best guess would be wire... wrapped and finished in a loop or hook around the balled end. Then it could hook to that button. My guess is that Sally would be a great help on this!! Good luck! (and I love the 'What the?!" title!!)

Unknown said...

Not what the Bug had in mind, I'm sure, when she gave it to you, but... could you use it as a dangle in another piece like the driftwood ornament you made? Somehow clamping the short pieces to longer ones? I'm seeing something honoring spring, the equinox, given the pastel colors she used. That would look nice in the window seat for the sunny months! (How's that for out of the box?)